Last updated 26.10.2021
About the Company
Zurich Instruments is a test and measurement company based in Zurich, Switzerland, with subsidiaries in Shanghai and Boston. We develop and sell high-end instrumentation, and we take pride in supporting our international customers directly. Our cutting-edge instruments are made for scientists and technologists who are passionate about phenomena that are notoriously difficult to measure. Our products include lock-in amplifiers, arbitrary waveform generators, impedance analyzers, quantum computing control systems, phase-locked loops, digitizers and boxcar averagers. We are a team of creative and inspiring people who love technology and work together with an optimistic and innovation-driven spirit. Our pursuit of excellence has led us to grow at a steady double-digit rate as an independent and founder-led company. To achieve our goals, we always seek ingenious minds who enjoy tackling challenges in a cooperative fashion.
Location: Zurich, Switzerland. Technopark.
Duration: 6 months
Starting date: Role-based, generally intended for internships in the 3rd semester of MSc in the Quantum Engineering program.
- Optimization of complex pulse sequence timings across multiple devices (perspective topic)
- Highly reliable low-latency scheduling of quantum programs on live qubits (perspective topic)
- Quantum Simulator programming and integration in existing software framework (perspective topic)
- Regression setup for small quantum computing applications (past topic)
- Characterization of skew and latency in quantum computing applications with feedback (past topic)
Skills of interest
- User facing instrument control software
- Programming languages: Python, VHDL/SystemVerilog, C, C++
- A solid understanding of digital logic design
- Signal processing and filter design techniques
- Instrumentation automation
- Electronic measurement techniques
- Good understanding of software development best practices (workflow, testing, communication)
- Some understanding of quantum computing measurement methods
Please send your motivation letter and CV or any questions directly to email@example.com.
In general, the demand for Internships is high. Due to capacity reasons and to guarantee good quality, Zurich Instruments can offer only limited internship positions at the same time. Therefore, and to ensure a fair evaluation process, we have a pragmatic but structured hiring process.