About the Company
Zurich Instruments is a test and measurement company based in Zurich, Switzerland, with subsidiaries in Shanghai and Boston. We develop and sell high-end instrumentation, and we take pride in supporting our international customers directly. Our cutting-edge instruments are made for scientists and technologists who are passionate about phenomena that are notoriously difficult to measure. Our products include lock-in amplifiers, arbitrary waveform generators, impedance analyzers, quantum computing control systems, phase-locked loops, digitizers and boxcar averagers. We are a team of creative and inspiring people who love technology and work together with an optimistic and innovation-driven spirit. Our pursuit of excellence has led us to grow at a steady double-digit rate as an independent and founder-led company. To achieve our goals, we always seek ingenious minds who enjoy tackling challenges in a cooperative fashion.
Location: Zurich, Switzerland. Technopark.
Duration: 6 months
Starting date: Role-based, generally intended for internships in the 3rd semester of MSC in the Quantum Engineering program.
- Optimization of complex pulse sequence timings across multiple devices (perspective topic)
- Highly reliable low-latency scheduling of quantum programs on live qubits (perspective topic)
- Regression setup for small quantum computing applications (past topic)
- Characterization of skew and latency in quantum computing applications with feedback (past topic)
Skills of interest
- Timing and synchronization
- Stability and verification
- Exploring new signal processing methods
- Timing, synchronization and orchestration
- Reliability and performance
- User facing instrument control software
- Programming languages: VHDL/SystemVerilog, C, C++, Python
- A solid understanding of digital logic design
- Signal processing and filter design techniques
- Instrumentation automation
- Electronic measurement techniques
- Good understanding of software development best practices (workflow, testing, communication)
- Some understanding of quantum computing at the device level
Please send your motivation letter and CV or any questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In general, the demand for Internships recently is very high.Due to capacity reasons and to guarantee good quality, Zurich Instrument can offer 2 internship positions at the same time. Therefore, to ensure a fair evaluation process, there is a pragmatic but structured hiring process.
Depending on the Covid situation, Zurich Instrument have to reassess the offer of internships.