Website Qilimanjaro Quantum Tech S.L
Quantum computing will change the world but with current approaches, the
true impact of quantum computers lays at least a decade away. We plan to offer
true quantum computational power to solve industry critical problems,
specifically in the area of optimization and machine learning, in a much shorter
The Qilimanjaro Quantum Tech SL startup company is the quantum spin-off
from the Barcelona Supercomputer Center (BSC), the University of Barcelona
(UB) and the Institute of High-Energy Physics (IFAE) that started operations in
2020 on the back of international customer multi-year contracts.
Qilimanjaro has brought together a great team of scientists with extensive
training, knowledge and experience in international labs at MIT, Caltech,
Waterloo in Toronto, Stony Brook and TU Delft.
Our integrated hardware & software team focuses on superconducting qubits for
gate-based quantum computers to focus on timely and affordable quantum
advantage, by designing next-generation analog quantum processors with high
quality qubits, which do not require quantum error correction and can therefore
We are looking for highly motivated candidates to join our permanent staff.
At Qilimanjaro we work on superconducting-based quantum computers, both
gate-based systems as well as our signature product, coherent quantum
Both project lines (gate-based systems and coherent quantum annealers) have
multiple positions open and we are considering candidates from a master’s level
and above. Your degrees and experience years may be counted into seniority.
Control electronics form an integral part of our quantum operating system (QOS). We are looking for a suitable candidate who can identify problems at the
hardware control level and collaborate with our software team to expand the
features and usability of our QOS.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of intermediate representations, compilation/transpilation
tools and optimizers as well as quantum algorithm tools.
- Close collaboration with our Quantum Applications Engineers, Quantum Theorists, Quantum Engineers, and Control Systems Engineers to write
idiomatic, well-tested, well-documented, maintainable, and extensible
code for our QOS.
- Master’s degree or above in quantum physics.
- Good command of the English language (oral and written).
- Experience in measuring and characterizing quantum processors.
- Programming in python.
- Documented ability to translate research results into functional production
- Good documentation skills.
Any of the following skill will be valued:
- Experience with working on open-source software projects and using
version control tools.
- Familiarity with Git version control, automated testing, and software
development best practices.
- Github and Jira experience for big projects.
- Experience with Qiskit pulse or similar.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following: developing internal
compilers, runtimes, or programming languages; a quantum programming framework such as Qiskit, Cirq, or Pennylane, and OpenQASM.
Offices: Autonomous University of Barcelona Campus and other future locations.
Please mention in your application both availability dates and whether you
would need an EU work permit to be arranged.
Send your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com